Terms of Service
Terms and conditions of use
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Xwow ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Xwow ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Buyers are users who purchase services on X-WOW MedCon.
Custom Offers are exclusive proposals that a Seller can create in response to specific requirements of a Buyer.
Custom Orders are requests made by a Buyer to receive a Custom Offer from a Seller.
Disputes are disagreements experienced during an order between a Buyer and Seller on X-WOW MedCon
Order Page is where Buyers and Sellers communicate with each other in connection with an ordered service.
Orders are the formal agreement between a Buyer and Seller after a purchase was made from the Seller’s service Page.
Payment Services Provider(s) are service providers that provide payment services to Buyers and Sellers in connection with the X-WOW MedCon platform, including with respect to collection of funds from Buyers in connection with purchases, remittance and withdrawal of funds to Sellers, currency exchange services in connection with payments in local currencies, and the holding of funds in connection with MedCon Balances.
Revenue is the money that Sellers earn from completed orders and can either withdraw or use to purchase on MedCon , subject to these Terms.
Sellers are users who offer and perform services through MedCon .
What is MedCon
X-WOW MedCon is a place for medicine professionals/students to turn knowledge into a source of income.
“Why did you create X-WOW MedCon?”
Quick story first, 2 years ago when x-wow.com was born, we needed lots of advice from pathologists, (specialised doctors who study the diseases). We had no idea what pathologists do and what they need, it was not possible to afford consultants who could answer all of our questions, in fact, many of our questions were very random and simple and they were not related to disease diagnosis, such as, “the numbers of pathologists around the world”, “how much a clinical microscope cost in the UK”, or “what is this strange looking artefact under the microscope”.
Luckily, we met lots of really nice people, in person, in emails, on social media, who have kindly and patiently provided us guidance and advice. However, there are many people around the world who still rely on Google, which is time consuming and often the answer is wrong. We’ve always wanted to fill this gap, so that whenever someone need some help/advice from an expert, just pay a small fee to get the right answer.
That’s why X-WOW MedCon was born, a secure, innovative and user friendly platform for medicine experts from around the world to obtain or to share knowledge, in another word: a global freelance market to get advice from experts in medicine.
“What can I do with it?”
Create A Consultation Service
Whether you are an experienced medical specialist, a consultant, a technician, a professor, a medicine student or a start-up founder, if you wish to offer your skill and knowledge in front of a computer, this is the first step. We can provide you opportunities to turn knowledge into a source of income! The platform provide security, privacy, and timely payments, so you can keep doing what you love the most. The ‘service’ can be anything. Remember what’s simple for you, could mean so much for the others.
Please note the services are strictly for non-diagnostic purpose. X-WOW MedCon do not hold responsibility for any malpractice.
- services and/or users may be removed by X-WOW from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services
- Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement, and violation of a third party’s terms of service reported through our Intellectual Property Claims Policy
- Adult oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Intentional copies of services
- Spam, nonsense, or violent or deceptive services
- Services misleading to Buyers or others
- Reselling of regulated goods
- Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers
- Services that extend beyond 30 days of service duration
- Exceedingly low quality services
- Promoting X-WOW and/or X-WOW Services through activities that are prohibited by any laws, regulations, and/or third parties’ terms of service, as well as through any marketing activity that negatively affects our relationships with our users or partners.
- Services that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the suspension of the Seller’s account.
- Services that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Services may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
Once there are more services available, you can pay to get help from the others
Whether you are a scientist looking for a topic for your research project, an entrepreneur investigating a new market before expanding your business, a patient learning anything about a disease for non-diagnostic purpose, or simply you are starting medical school and need some guidance from the seniors, you are at the right place. If you have a question, you will always find someone who has the right answer for you.
Refer a friend
If you are not interested to offer a service, or pay for one, you can still get paid by referring friends. Once logged in, simply click on the blue button ‘Refer a friend, get paid’ where you will see your unique url. Remember to use your referral url to invite others, whenever someone register or make a purchase, you will get paid.
As you can see this is just a beginning, and we will need lots of feedback to improve it!
Are we delivering the right message?
Would you be interested to use this platform to connect with other medical experts around the world, offer your help and get paid, or pay for someone to get advice?
What other functions do you think it is necessary?
If you have any feedback, please use the “Feedback” button to share your thoughts.
Ownership and limitations: When purchasing a service on X-WOW MedCon, unless clearly stated otherwise on the Seller’s service page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the Buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the Seller, and the Seller waives any and all moral rights therein.
To the extent that you provide X-WOW with any comments, suggestions or other feedback regarding the X-WOW MedCon platform or the Site as a whole, as well as other X-WOW products or services (collective, the “Feedback”), you will be deemed to have granted X-WOW an exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide ownership rights in the Feedback. X-WOW is under no obligation to implement any Feedback it may receive from users.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the X-WOW community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations of X-WOW’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards is a cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on X-WOW. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell X-WOW accounts.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of X-WOW’s Payment Service Providers. All funds eligible for Withdrawal will be held on your behalf at an account with X-WOW’s Payment Services Provider. All payment services, including withdrawal services will be provided by X-WOW’s Payment Services Provider.
- Your X-WOW profile can be associated with only one account from each X-WOW withdrawal methods. A Payment Service Provider withdrawal account can be associated with only one X-WOW profile.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete. Top Rated Sellers are eligible to withdraw revenue following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the order is marked as complete.
- To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal method.
Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to reverse this process once it has begun.
You may not offer direct payments to Sellers using payment systems outside of the X-WOW platform.
X-WOW retains the right to use all publicly published delivered works for X-WOW marketing and promotional purposes.
- To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of X-WOW in order to circumvent or abuse the X-WOW messaging system or X-WOW platform is not permitted.
- X-WOW does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to Buyers. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you in the Order Page.
- X-WOW does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the X-WOW platform.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on X-WOW ‘s platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
- X-WOW is open to everyone. Discrimination against a community member based on gender, race, age, religious affiliation, sexual preference or otherwise is not acceptable and may result in the suspension/removal of your account.
- Users may not submit proposals or solicit parties introduced through X-WOW to contract, engage with, or pay outside of X-WOW .
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Xwow ltd, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Xwow ltd.
4. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Website.
5. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify Xwow ltd for all claims resulting from Content you supply.
6. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
7. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
8. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
9. We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
10. You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Password and security
11. When you register on this Website, you will be asked to create a password, which you should keep confidential and not disclose or share with anyone.
12. If we have reason to believe that there is or is likely to be any misuse of the Website or breach of security, we may require you to change your password or suspend your account.
Links to other websites
13. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Xwow ltd or that of our affiliates.
14. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
15. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
17. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Xwow ltd makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Xwow ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
18. Whilst Xwow ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
19. Xwow ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
20. Xwow ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
21. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
22. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
23. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Xwow ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
24. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
25. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
27. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
28. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
29. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
30. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Xwow ltd details
31. Xwow ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11709800 whose registered address is 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, County (Optional), WC2H 9JQ and it operates the Website www.x-wow.com.
You can contact Xwow ltd by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
32. These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL X-WOW, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
IN ACCEPTING LIABILITY AS THE LIMITED AUTHORIZED PAYMENT COLLECTION AGENT OF SELLER, X-WOW AND ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF SELLER.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.